Things to Do
After you enjoy an ice cream or coffee, enjoy the beautiful location which we are proud to maintain.
- Take a walk to the seashore and explore the rocks, sea life and seaweeds.
- Go bird spotting at Lough Murree and see some rare feathered visitors.
- Climb Bourneen Mountain and take in the breathtaking views of Galway Bay.
- Sit and look out into the ocean for the mythical island of Hy-Brasil which is said to lie here, that favour and fortune come to all that see it ” Men thought it a region of sunshine and rest, and they called it Hy- Brasil, the Isle of the blest.” G,Griffin 1840
- Take a walk to Scanalons Island or the point of coladh to see the carpet of wild flowers, be careful of the tide.
- Go to the Martello tower at the tip of the peninsula and watch the power of the waves as the waters meet and see that the stones on the shore have holes from erosion.
- Ask our staff any question on the natural environment and they will help you.
- Forage for the wild harvest, a free ice cream is the reward if we can use it to make ice cream ( minimum 2kg).
- Ask advice if foraging for shellfish or seaweed as the coastline is dangerous.
- Maybe you just want to sit and enjoy Cafe Linnalla relax and read any of our books or pamphlets.
- After a busy day revive yourself with another coffee or ice cream.