The Burren, with its fascinating natural environment and abundance of cultural remains, is an important, yet fragile resource to be enjoyed, respected and conserved for future generations.
Safeguard this important landscape by using the Burren Code.
- Leave the limestone pavements as you find it.
- Preserve natural habits and leave wildflowers undisturbed.
- Take care not to damage monuments, walls, or buildings.
- Respect landowners,their property and their livestock.
- Park, picnic and camp in designated areas.
leave no trace of your visit. Take nothing but memories.
The limestone pavements and orchid rich grasslands are listed as a priorty habitats and are protected by law.